RadiMation works with Arduino?

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation device drivers that control the measurement equipment.
Simon93

RadiMation works with Arduino?

Post by Simon93 »

Hello,
is it possible to realize a communication between the RadiMation Software and a µ-Controller like an Arduino?
Is a special driver needed?

Thanks for your comments!

Simon
joro

Re: RadiMation works with Arduino?

Post by joro »

Hi Simon,

Of course it is possible to connect RadiMation to an Arduino.
If a special driver is needed, is however depending on the type of communication medium that is used between the PC and the Arduino.
If the Arduino is connected by LAN or RS232 to the PC, it should not be a problem at all control/read-out the Arduino from our RadiMation software.
If however an another communication medium is used, it is possible that this is not supported directly, but we always are able to create a specific device driver.

Can you please share some more details on how the Arduino is connected to the PC, and what you intend to do with the Arduino?

Thanks!
Simon93

Re: RadiMation works with Arduino?

Post by Simon93 »

Hi joro,
thanks for your quickly answer!

I use an Arduino Uno Board and want to connect it to my PC(COM Interface) by a USB cable.

The Arduino should receive a start signal from the RadiMation and then count the falling edges
of a small electronic circuit as soon as the start signal is present.
When counting and processing is complete, the Arduino should send the result back to the RadiMation.
In the RadiMation software I would like to have the result graphically
recorded along with other test results.

Where can I find the right driver in RadiMation Software? Could you please explain that to me?
Or does it work with Plug & Play?