Integration of Temperature/Pressure/Humidity Sensors

New ideas and suggestions for additional functionality in RadiMation can be added to this forum
kunan

Integration of Temperature/Pressure/Humidity Sensors

Post by kunan »

Dear all,

We have mandatory manual input of temperature, pressure and humidity on test startup acitve. In theory the operator is always reminded to enter correct ambient information

We would love to have the possibility for automatic reading of Ethernet Sensors like COMET 7510 https://www.cometsystem.com/products/we ... 10#manuals or similar products included in Radimation on test startup.
joro

Re: Integration of Temperature/Pressure/Humidity Sensors

Post by joro »

At present, the only way to ensure that the correct ambient information is entered during test startup is for the operator to do it manually. However, we are actively working on automating this process to eliminate the need for manual input. Our plan is to develop a Python script that can run in the background and automatically update the ambient information, including 'temperature', 'humidity', 'pressure', and 'mode of operation', whenever a new test is started.

We anticipate that this solution will be available by the end of May. In addition, we plan to provide an example Python script that can be easily adapted to your specific needs. However, this solution will require some Python coding skills to read the actual values from the COMET 7510 and integrate them with our example script.

With this approach, the actual ambient information will be specified automatically without the need for manual intervention, making the process more efficient and reducing the risk of errors.

I have created a ticket in our database to track your request for the automatic retrieval of temperature, pressure, and humidity sensor data during the start of a test. The ticket number is #13641.
Once we have implemented this feature, we will update the ticket and notify you through our ticketing system.
joro

Post by joro »

I recently described that we are working on a possibility to automatically update the 'temperature', 'humidity', 'pressure' and 'mode of operation' of a test.

I can inform you, that this feature is now available, and can be used with the latest RadiMation device drivers, and a custom 'EUT Controller server'. We also have updated the documentation on how this can be achieved.
Please read the following information pages: Please read this information, and use it to create a Python program that reads the temperature from the COMET 7510, and also provides it to RadiMation on the 'TESTINFO?' request.

If there is any question or suggestion on the documentation, please let us know, so we can further improve it.
kunan

Post by kunan »

Hello Joro,

Using your Phyton Script I have written a little windows service to grab data from the comet sensor and pass it to Radimation. Its working perfect!

I also added a notification icon to the taskbar and the posibility to open a status window. This is quit nice during immunity testing as the frequency is often to small to read when observing the EUT.

I checked the documentation and found no possibility for Pulsed Immunity testing (Voltage, Phaseangle, Coupling) . Please consider adding them in future revisions.

Thanks
KUNAN