Enhanced data input

New ideas and suggestions for additional functionality in RadiMation can be added to this forum
amunoz

Enhanced data input

Post by amunoz »

Hi,

through the daily usage of Radimation i came across some minor limitations in describing the EUT environment/changes
+EUT information -> would be very helpful to allow inclusion of pictures/links to documents
+Notes -> in order to emphasize some results (i.e. PASS/NO PASS) to see relevant data at first sight would be very nice to have an enhanced editor. Simple RTF editing would be enough

Regards,

Toni
joro

Re: Enhanced data input

Post by joro »

Hello Toni,

There are two possibilities that you already can use in the current RadiMation version:

1) Attach pictures and other documents to the EUT file
The 'Tests' menu contains a sub-menu 'Tools' which provides an 'External Test results' test. This 'External Test Results' test was designed to attach test-results of other EMC Measurement software (like the automated EFT test software from Keytek) to the EUT file.
This 'External test results' test can however also be used to attache photo graphs of the EUT to the EUT document. It is of course also possible to attach other documents (like .doc or .pdf files) to the EUT file in this way.

2) Storing the PASS/FAIL state of a test
It can indeed be very helpful to store a PASS/FAIL state for each performed test. It is possible to use the 'Note' that is stored to each test for this purpose. However if other information is also typed in the 'Note', the information can become difficult to see at first sight.
A better method is to use the 'General Information' items that are also stored for each test. The end-user is free to create additional 'General Information' items for each test, so a PASS/FAIL state can be stored in it's own field. This information can also be shown in the Test-listing on the EUT-window, which makes it very intuitive to use.
Please see 'Extra flags for each test' for a detailed explanation on how this can be done.

I hope that this helps you to configure RadiMation for your own needs.

Best regards,
John
amunoz

Post by amunoz »

Hello John,

that will fit our needs for sure. Is there any possibility to predefine additional fields in 'General Information' (.ini file, advanced options...)? I looked in the Wiki and find no answer.

Thank you in advance,

Toni
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Toni,

There is currently no possibility to pre-fill the 'General Information' items that are part of each test.
However if the 'General Information' items are already added to the TSF of a test, those items will always be available in the test that is run from that TSF.
In practice this means that you only have to add the items to the TSF's that you are using, and then they will always be available.

With best regards,

John