Possible to use NI GPIB-ENET/1000 - GPIB-Controller for Gigabit Ethernet/LAN?

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation device drivers that control the measurement equipment.
incognito

Possible to use NI GPIB-ENET/1000 - GPIB-Controller for Gigabit Ethernet/LAN?

Post by incognito »

We are very often deal with problems, being related to the GPIB-Fiberoptic transceivers from NI (140F).
As soon they get older, they seem to generate random problems in the communication…..
Replacing one side generally solves the issue but only for the next 2-3 years.

We now are looking to find something which is more state of the art and much more reliable.
Because I do not want to “experiment” with “noname” devices, I would like to still stay with NI.

So now to the concrete question: Do you have experience with this interfaces?
https://www.meilhaus.de/781630-04.htm?b2b=1

To my knowledge, as soon all drivers from NI are installed on the operation PC, RadiMation will see a GPIB interface with possible 32 addresses (same like having the USB-GPIB Interface installed).
joro

Re: Possible to use NI GPIB-ENET/1000 - GPIB-Controller for Gigabit Ethernet/LAN?

Post by joro »

The interface you are referring to is the National Instruments (NI) GPIB-ENET/1000.
That device is indeed fully supported by the NI-MAX software and also by the NI-VISA software library.

Because RadiMation is using the NI-VISA software library, it will also be able to use the GPIB-ENET/1000 in RadiMation.

It is advised to use the NI-MAX software to configure the GPIB-ENET/1000. A new GPIB-ENET/1000 can be added to the 'Devices and interfaces' by using the 'Create New...' button in NI-MAX. The GPIB-ENET/1000 will be assigned a GPIB-board identifier (like: "GPIB0", "GPIB1", etc...).

In RadiMation the standard device driver of the GPIB instrument can be used. Do take care that the correct GPIB-board identifier is selected. This is available as an 'Advanced option' in the GPIB configuration dialog.

In the following screenshot the Amplifier is configured to use GPIB address 25, which is connected to the GPIB-ENET/1000, which is configured in the NI-MAX software as being GPIB2.
GPIB2Configuration.png
GPIB2Configuration.png (11.13 KiB) Viewed 5692 times