LAN controlled R&S ESI

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation device drivers that control the measurement equipment.
joro

LAN controlled R&S ESI

Post by joro »

Hello,

We are currently working on the device driver for the R&S ESI, R&S ESIB, R&S ESPI, R&S FSP, R&S FSET, R&S FSEA, R&S FSEB, R&S FSEM and R&S FSEK.
This updated device will allow that these devices are controlled using their LAN port.

Our tests are succesful until now, and those tests seem to have a positive benefit on speed and stability.

Are you interested to help us to test if this device driver is working correctly and without problems?
Please contact us (at support@radimation.com or on this topic), if you want to have the updated device driver to test the LAN communication.

Thanks in advance,
John
Rosu

Re: LAN controlled R&S ESI

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

sure... Is there the tracking generator also included?

Greetz Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

Thanks for your response.
I still have to make some last final improvements. The tracking generator wasn't planned yet, but now I'm still busy in the device driver, it is a good idea to also implement that. I will have a look if I can implement it...

With best regards,
John
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

the GPIB communication is functioning ok. I did not have the time to check the other parts, but I will do it asap.

Greetz Marius

P.S.: Thx for the tracking generator
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that you confirmed that the GPIB communication still seems to be working correctly. I also did test it, but a lot of changes are included in the device driver.
Did you already use the new Tracking generator possibility?

Thanks!
John
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

believe me, I would like to test the driver on all it's functionalities but: we have some urgent tests that does not allow any delay. I will try this probably next week.

Greetz Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

I do understand that you have to perform other measurements. I was just curious if you already tested it. I'm already very glad that you are willing to test the updated device driver for us.

Thanks!
John