Maturo MCU Clamp positioner

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation device drivers that control the measurement equipment.
tha-paul

Maturo MCU Clamp positioner

Post by tha-paul »

We want to measure the disturbance power (30-300MHZ with a guide rail) with the Radimation.
Our Guide Rail and our Controller (Maturo MCU) is from Maturo. According to the Radi Wiki, the new device driver supports the Maturo MCU as an clamp positioner. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The MCU Controller is connected via GPIB with the PC were Radiomation is installed. The "Check" in the Radimation device configuration is ok, but the clamp did not move. Has anyone had the same problem? Maybe someone can helf me...

many thanks in advance
joro

Re: Maturo MCU Clamp positioner

Post by joro »

Hello tha-paul,

Yesterday I investigated the control of the Maturo Cable Guide Rail again.
There is some inclarity related to the correct commands that should be used to communicate with the Maturo controller.

I updated the RadiMation device drivers to use less communication commands, and to include more error checking of the response of the Maturo controller.
Could you test these new device drivers, and provide me with a NI-SPY file that shows the communication between RadiMation and the Maturo controller?

Thanks in advance,
John
tha-paul

Post by tha-paul »

Many thanks in advance and sorry for my late answer.

At the moment we had a very urgent topic. But I will try the new devide driver this week. After the check of the new driver, I will send you the NI-SPY file.
tha-paul

Post by tha-paul »

Good morning joro,

today I have downloaded the new device driver. I have recorded the communication with the NI-SPY (see attached)
The driver for the MCU does not work.
Attachments
ERROR_Radimation_MCU.spy
(189.26 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
tha-paul

Post by tha-paul »

Hello John,

now the error message " Syntax-error was detected by the controller" appears. (tested with the new device driver (version number: 2012.07.25.1723 ))

Thanks in advance
Steffen
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Steffen,

I inspected the latest NI-SPY file, it indeed shows me that the control of the Maturo MCU Clamp positioner is still not working.
In the NI-SPY file it is also visible that a Syntax Error is raised by the Maturo MCU controller. The strange thing is that the commands we are using are working for the Diesel HD 100 controller, and the Maturo MCU controller is using the same commands.
At this moment it is unclear to me why the Maturo MCU is raising syntax errors for the commands we are sending to it.

I contacted Maturo with this information, and I hope that they can provide me with some more information regarding this problems.

With best regards,
John
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Steffen,

I received a response from Maturo, that response confirmed an idea that I had related to the Syntax Error.
I have already updated the device driver for the Maturo MCU Clamp mover. They are available on our RadiWiki site now.

Could you please test this device driver again, there is a very high chance that the clamp mover will now be starting to move.

With best regards and thanks in advance,
John
tha-paul

Post by tha-paul »

Hello John,

now i'm back from holiday. I have downloaded the new device driver, and installed on the PC.
Now the Maturo Clamp mover is working, the Clamp is moving!! :-)

Thank you so much!!!
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for testing the Maturo Clamp mover. I assume the clamp mover is now working without problems.
Can I mark the issues as fixed?

With best regards,

John
tha-paul

Post by tha-paul »

joro wrote:Hello Steffen,

Thanks for testing the Maturo Clamp mover. I assume the clamp mover is now working without problems.
Can I mark the issues as fixed?
With best regards,

John
Yes, you can! Thank you for your help!