RF level range RF generator IFR2023B

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation device drivers that control the measurement equipment.
heutink

RF level range RF generator IFR2023B

Post by heutink »

During a "Conducted Immunity; Fixed Power" test we want to set the RF level of the generator to -60 dBm. The lowest value to set = -40 dBm. We expect that this is within Radimation a fixed setting in the driver. Could you expand this to -60 dBm or -80 dBm. We use this test during calibration of the RF generator to check the tolerance in the RF level settings of the RF generator from 0 dBm to -60 dBm in 10 dB steps.
joro

Re: RF level range RF generator IFR2023B

Post by joro »

As far as I know, the minimum power level in a conducted immunity fixed power test, is - 100 dBm.
What happens if you type-in a value of -60 dBm in the power level box of the fixed power Tsf?

In the global configuration of RadiMation, there is a 'measurement settings' tab, which contains a 'signal generator starting level' setting. The value that is specified in that setting will be the first power level that is set in the signal generator when an immunity test starts.
Do you have - 40 dBm specified In the 'signal generator starting level' setting?
heutink

Post by heutink »

What happens now: If i type-in a value of -60 dBm in the power level box it will be resetted to -40 dBm. Alle values lower then -40 dBm will be resetted to -40 dBm.
The setting of the "signal generator starting level"in the "measurements settings" tab is -70 dBm.
joro

Post by joro »

I can confirm that indeed the value is resetted to -40 dBm. I did a fast check, and this is a limitation that is programmed inside RadiMation.
There is no possibility for you to change this value at this moment.
I also agree, that we should lower this value to also allow to do fixed power tests with lower signal power values.

We already created an item in our database for this problem: #8504: Minimum power of CI Fixed power test is -40 dBm

However a workaround is available.
We suggest to create a correction file that contains the desired signal power value (for example -80 dBm), and select that correction file as a 'Variable' testlevel file in the Conducted Immunity Fixed power test.
See the screenshot below:
Variable testlevel file of -80 dBm in a CI Fixed power test
Variable testlevel file of -80 dBm in a CI Fixed power test
-80dBmFixedPower.png (51.17 KiB) Viewed 6658 times
With this configuration the Conducted Immunity Fixed power test will be performed with a signal generator carrier level of -80 dBm.
heutink

Post by heutink »

Thanks, its working with this workaround.
mahe

Post by mahe »

From RadiMation version 2017.1.6 and up, you can change the limit in advanced options:
MinPower.png
MinPower.png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 6599 times