My EUT is not accessible anymore, how can I load the data files (.T**) associated with it?

This forum contains all kind of frequently asked questions.
tjsc

My EUT is not accessible anymore, how can I load the data files (.T**) associated with it?

Post by tjsc »

We have made an error during the copying of the RadiMation test results. We now only have a lot of .T01, .T02, .T03, etc... files, however there are no EUT files present anymore in the same directory.

What are these files?
Can I access the data that is present in those files?
joro

Re: My eut is not accesible anymore, how can I load the data files (.T**) associated with it?

Post by joro »

In RadiMation we use EUT files to store the information and tests that performed on an EUT. EUT stands for Equipment Under Test. You can do all different kind of tests on an equipment under test and save it in the so called EUT file. All the tests are saved as T** files (mostly referred to as test data files, as these contain the actual data from the tests). The '**' is a sequential number as part the extension of the file. Typically an EUT file and its associated test data files will look like this:
Eut.png
Eut.png (7.72 KiB) Viewed 7607 times
When an EUT is not available anymore or you are unable to open an EUT you can do the following to make a new EUT to open the test data files again in RadiMation:
  1. Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to go to the folder that the contains your test data files.
  2. Check the filename of your test data files.
  3. Click on one of the test data files and copy it's filename. Only copy the part of the filename before the extension.
  4. Open RadiMation and make a new EUT file in the same folder.
  5. Paste or type the exact same name as is used for the test data files.
  6. Click on 'Ok'
  7. RadiMation will open the new EUT file, and it will also load the associated test data files.
Now the test data files are all accessible from this new EUT file again. Be aware that that this is a new EUT file, so the EUT specific information will not be present anymore, and has to be re-entered if needed.