Do I need a template before using the report generator

FAQ regarding the Report Generator
solutionseeker

Do I need a template before using the report generator

Post by solutionseeker »

How can I make use of the report generator, as there are no report templates available by default.
sast

Re: Do I need a template before using the report generator

Post by sast »

Yes, you have to make a template before you can use the report generator. Instead of all other software packages, RadiMation can create a report that looks the same as the report you have always used. But you have to supply a template that looks like the report you want to have.

To create a template for the report generator, it is the easiest to follow the next steps:

1. Open a already created report
2. Save it under another name, so it's clear that that file is the template for the RadiMation package
3. Replace all information in the template that is related to the test information with a report generator code. The available report generator codes can be found in the user manual.
4. Save the template
5. Create a report for an EUT with the created template from RadiMation. Check the resulting report and change any errors in the template.

Once the report has been created, it is still possible to customize the template, by changing the look, or adding extra information.