No Login as Engineer or Admin if dongle is missing (#6472)

Discussions and question about the general functionality of RadiMation
Lüder

No Login as Engineer or Admin if dongle is missing (#6472)

Post by Lüder »

Dear Radimation,
I can use Radimation without dongle, of course not for measurement but for all Settings etc.
We use Login as Admin or test engineer (everybody work as engineer, only two of us as admin for settings) Now a college found he could Change all Setting by just take away the dongle, start Radimation, Change anything. than start again with dongle an changes are still present :roll:
Is there a way to have the login everytime, even without dongle?

Best regards
Lüder
joro

Re: No Login as Engineer or Admin if dongle is missing

Post by joro »

Hello Lüder,

I have to admit that it is indeed correct that if the dongle is removed from the PC, RadiMation is starting without asking a password.
This is necessary to simplify the installation and usage for our RadiMation Free software.
But I also understand your situation, in which this is not desired. Currently it is not possible to ensure that the password is always asked.

We created a new item in our database: #6472: Settings that are normally protected for the administrator, can be changed when the dongle is not present
I also have some ideas on how to resolve this problem. It is for example possible that we ask the password when one or more users are present that have restrictions on their possibilities.
This will ensure that the password is also asked when the dongle is not present.

With best regards,
John
sast

Re: No Login as Engineer or Admin if dongle is missing

Post by sast »

This wish is registered as item #6472: Settings that are normally protected for the administrator, can be changed when the dongle is not present
It is fixed in version 2015.2.5 and above; "The login form is now showed when in free mode, one or more users without all rights are present and no default user is configured.".