exporting the wrong curve

Discussions and question about the general functionality of RadiMation
Michael

exporting the wrong curve

Post by Michael »

Hey
when i export the measurement, the curve values are not the right ones. I get a different curve between the one displayed during the test and when i export it. We see the signal oscillating up to 1.5 MHz for the test and the signal oscillating up to 2.5 MHz on the exported curve. I've tried exporting all possible curves, but nothing matches this one. Do you know where the error could be coming from ?
exporting the wrong curve.png
exporting the wrong curve.png (145.66 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
joro

Re: exporting the wrong curve

Post by joro »

Both curves are correct, and show the same data.
There is only a small difference in how the data is being shown.

The exported curve draws each and every data sample of the curve, and that is why a variation in the signal is seen between 1.5 and 2.5 MHz. It thus shows all higher and lower measurement values, even when it is within one horizontal monitor pixel of the previous value.

The curve in the test result only shows the maximum value within a bucket. That bucket is a small frequency range, in which all the measurement values in that frequency range are interpreted and only a single resulting value is being shown. The bucket width that is used to show the measurement values in the test results is as wide as the width of a single monitor pixel. This is done, to speedup the drawing of the graphs, as it is not necessary anymore to draw a lot of graph lines that are not actually visible. As the maximum value is the most interesting value, because it is the value that is compared to the limit lines, only that maximum value of the bucket is being drawn.

You will also observe that if you zoom in on the test results in the 1.5 MHz to 2.5 MHz range, that the lower values are also present, but just not drawn in the full span mode.

Both the curves are thus correct, and have the same data, the only difference is caused by a speed optimisation of the drawing in the graphs in the test results.

Does this answer your question? Otherwise, let me know.