RI calibration file import

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
Savonia

RI calibration file import

Post by Savonia »

Hi,
Is there an easy way to import calibration files from other software to RadiMation? I tried 'Calibration Import' but the import file need to be in RSUS Data file (.RSU) format. Or do I just need to perform 16-point calibration with RadiMation?

Thanks in advance.
joro

Re: RI calibration file import

Post by joro »

It is indeed possible to import calibration files, but that is only supported for the RSUS calibrations.
I understand that you want to import calibration files from another software package, which software package did you use in the past?
Depending on the complexity of the original calibration files we can extend the calibration file import tool to also support your calibration files. That will take some development time, and will probably not be available within a few weeks.
A faster solution could be to perform the calibration of the immunity setup with the RadiMation calibration. A single calibration should be possible within a houre. No calibration import is necessary in that case.

I hope that this answers your question, otherwise please provide us with some more details about the goal you want to achieve.
Savonia

Post by Savonia »

Thank you for the support.
The another software is R&S EMS-K1. The table of calibration results can be copied from the software and pasted e.g. to notepad. The easiest way would be to import files from text file (.txt) or Excel file (.xls/.xlsx). It would help a lot if calibration results could import to RadiMation.
joro

Post by joro »

We already have an existing wish, to support other calibration files in the Calibration File Import Tool.
That wish is registered as: #3750: Import other software calibration files

I have now added your remarks to the same wish.
I also wrote some additional suggestions to the wish, explaining how we can improve the functionality and usage of the Calibration File Import Tool.
It is best to change the Calibration Import Tool to a more generic implementation.
In almost all situations, the calibration data is just a table of (for radiated immunity):
- Frequency (required)
- signal power (required)
- forward power (optional)
- reflected (net) power (optional)
- field strength (required)

A better design for the Calibration Import Tool is to have a table, where the data for
each frequency can be specified.
On the same window, we can include an 'import' button that has the possibility to select another calibration file which will automatically load the RSUS data file (or other .TXT, .XLS or other files) and fill the table based on the information of the selected calibration file.
Then there is still the possibility to change/modify the imported data in the table.
When the data in the table is correct, a 'Save' button can be used to create the corresponding RadiMation Calibration file.

This improved design of the Calibration Import Tool will allow a more flexible usage for the importing of existing calibration files.
Do you agree that the suggested improvements will solve your question?
Savonia

Post by Savonia »

Yes, I agree. Thanks !