(#7578) soooo many Test Setup Files, how to optimice?

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
Lüder

(#7578) soooo many Test Setup Files, how to optimice?

Post by Lüder »

Dear users,
I need a suggestion how to optimize the Test Setup Files,
I got two Conducted Immunity Chambers, each with signal generator amplifier etc. should be two Test site in RadiMation but I got 12 CDN an two Coupling Clamps means 28 test site in Radimation.
By testing I don’t care about the testsites I got predefined tests, I only have two different Conducted immunity test, but with 28 test sites, I got 56 Test Setup Files in Radimation. Yes it works, but is there any nice way to handle it? By starting a test searching in a list of 56 is not so usable.

Thanks
Lüder
sast

Re: soooo many Test Setup Files, how to optimice?

Post by sast »

Thank you for your question. To problem is now very clear to us. However, at the moment we do not know how this situation can be improved.
Perhaps you have a suggestion how we can improve or adjust the software behavior for you as end-user?
Lüder

Post by Lüder »

Hi Radimation,
I hoped to get some ideas from other users, but here my "dreams" :

:idea: using "Location type" (in Multiband Conducted Immunity test it is always 'Injection clamp') I could imagine to select a specific CDN of clamp here, therefore no injection device is set in the Test Site (or is changed automatical) but the calibration file has to be set together with the injection device therefore a "Testsite Calibration File" is done including calibration files for each injection device usable at this Test Site. :arrow: in my case I would have only 4 Tests left an then in the test chose the right injection device, for testing an EUT always use "Restart last TSF" and then the next CDN would be really easy.

:idea: making only some TestSites "Physical", if there is a local (not database) list on each Computer with checkbox for each device and/or Testsite saying "physical". Then please hide all test not possible due to not physical available equipment. I could still use each computer for each test, but by only checking the devices I typical use at this place I get a small test list.

Best regards
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Lüder,

Thanks for your suggestion on how to improve this. We internally discussed your proposals, but due to different reasons, it is complicated to implement it as you suggested them. Some of your remarks triggered us to thing of other possible solutions. We are currently still thinking of a possible solution for your question.

At this moment we are evaluating if it wouldn't be better if the calibration file is attached to a test-site instead of the TSF file. The calibration is a characterization of the test-setup, which is reflected in the test-site configuration in RadiMation. If the calibration file can be specified in the test-site, it would simplify the problem you are facing.
And we are also thinking of allowing to select multiple CDN's in the same testsite, where the selection for the to be used CDN should be done by the end-user during the initialization of the test.

I'm sorry that we do not have a solution right now for you, but we are still thinking on how we can improve the software.

What do you think regarding the idea to attach the calibration file to the test-site instead of selecting it in the TSF-file?

With best regards,
John
Lüder

Post by Lüder »

Hello Radimation,
"allowing to select multiple CDN's in the same testsite" sounds really nice to me. Together with the CDN the korrekt calibration will be selected by the end-user during the initialization of the test (automatical because calibration is attachtd to test-site and selected CDN) ?!

For me it would be a great improvement.

Best regards
Lüder
sast

Re: (#7578) soooo many Test Setup Files, how to optimice?

Post by sast »

This item refers to #7578: How to minimize the many TSF files due to the large amount of test sites / test equipment's?
Lüder

Re: (#7578) soooo many Test Setup Files, how to optimice?

Post by Lüder »

Hi Radimation Team,
any updates about this?
Best regards