different Monitoring input (EUT and Test Equippment)

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
Lüder

different Monitoring input (EUT and Test Equippment)

Post by Lüder »

Dear Radimation users,

I found two different types of "Monitoring input channels" some at 'Test Equipment'-> Monitoring and some at 'EUT'->'Monitoring input channels'

can you help me where to use them, when to use Monitoring with the Testsite and where to use it with the EUT?
I hadn't got the Idea, sorry

Lüder
joro

Re: different Monitoring input (EUT and Test Equippment)

Post by joro »

Hello Lüder,

It is correct that you can configure the 'Monitoring Inputs' on two different locations.
'Monitoring Inputs' are measurement channels that are able to perform measurements for related measurements. This can for example be used to measure:
  • An output voltage of the EUT
  • Voltage of a dynamometer to measure the wheelspeed of a motorized chair
  • Frequency of an output signal of the EUT
  • Temperature sensor that is located in the EUT
  • Temperature sensor that is located in the Anechoic Chamber
  • AC Mains voltage of the anechoic chamber
The above is just a short list of possible monitoring inputs, much more is possible. Some of the above examples (the first four) are related to measurement of an EUT. The last examples are more generic and not specific for the EUT, but more generic for the EMC testing setup in an anechoic chamber.
And this demonstrates the difference between the 'Monitoring Inputs' in the 'Test Equipment' and the 'Monitoring Inputs' in the 'EUT' window. The measurements related to measurement values of the EUT should be placed in the 'EUT' file, and these inputs will be measured when a test is performed for this EUT. The measurements that are related to the EMC Testing setup in the anechoic chamber, can best be placed in the 'Test Equipment'. When a 'Test Equipment' is selected to be used for the set of measurement equipment to use, the configured 'Monitoring Inputs' of that 'Test equipment' will also be measured during the EMC test. These 'Monitoring Inputs' can be used for the measurement of those values that are always present in the EMC Test setup, even if no EUT file is present in the Anechoic chamber.

I hope that this clarifies the difference, but also demonstrates the power to configure 'Monitoring Inputs' in the 'Test Equipment'.

If you still have questions, please reply to this topic.

With best regards,
John