Fixed Power Multiband

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
Rosu

Fixed Power Multiband

Post by Rosu »

Hi,

the following scenario: Using the multiband feature, i want to measure CW from 1-1000MHz, AM from 1-800MHz and PM from 800-1000MHz. Actually the result it will show only 1 Graph and in case of influence we can not say wich modulation caused the bad behaviour. Is it possible to create a graph for each band or to make diffrent lines in the same graph?

Best regards,
Marius Rosu
joro

Re: Fixed Power Multiband

Post by joro »

We are currently aware of an issue with the Multiband Immunity software, that complicates the interpretation of the results.
This issue appears when multiple bands have an overlapping frequency range, which can cause that the results of the graph only show the last tested information.
This problem is known as:
- #3241: RI multi band test is overwriting the previous information.
- #4001: Difficulties to differ results from 2 bands with the same frequency range in multiband immunity tests

We are currently working on providing a solution for this problem.
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hi again John,

we must actually test according to Scania TB1901 release date 2007-04-13. On page 28 is the following test cycle reqired: 2s CW + 2s Modulation @ each step. By solving this issue we can make this test according to the requirements, otherwise we are not testing conform to the requirement. Do you have an ideea when this issue is solved?

Thx in advance,
Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

To simplify the work that should be done to fix the named issues (#3241 and #4000), we first have to change the RadiMation source code to use another compiler. This is a lot of work, but has been finished recently. We are currently testing this new version of RadiMation.

After the testing has been finished, and the new version of RadiMation is released, we will continue to fix problems that have been reported. #3241 and #4000 are very high on the list of first things that will be implemented. It is however currently very difficult to give you an exact date.

With best regards,
John
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

is there the possibility to make a sequence with multiband fixed power, so that we don't have to aknowledge the end of a measurement? The same way as it actually functions in single band mode. Is there some update about the status of the new version?

Best regards
Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

It is possible to include a Multiband Immunity test in a sequence, however the test will not be automatically be closed. For that reason it is not completely identical to the single band tests.
We are already aware of this issue (#2151: Option to continue automatically in final measurement mode (and also auto-close))

We are very close to releasing the new RadiMation version (it took some more time than we expected.... :-( )

Thanks,
John
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

When I was writing my previous post, I had an idea for a possible solution. I checked it and also implemented it!
#4239: Not practical to have Multiband tests in a sequence

We changed the behaviour of all Multiband tests to automatically save and close, when they are running from a sequence. When the Multiband test is started manually, it still requires user-interaction to close. However when the same Multiband test is run from a sequence it will automatically save and close the test, which allows the sequence to continue and to run the next test in the sequence.

This is working in RadiMation version 2012.1.17 and newer.
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

I installed the 5.8.37 Version of Radimation. The Multiband sequence is not working as you described. I have to confirm saving results manually

Best regards,
Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

Sorry for the confusion. It is correct that this functionality is not working in 5.8.37.
Last friday I changed the source code of RadiMation to include this new functionality, so it will only be working in version 2012.1.17 and newer.

With best regards,
John
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

ok in the help window->about i see 2012.6.6 so i Thought this version is newer. When is coming the new version?

Best regards
Marius
joro

Post by joro »

Hello Marius,

The about screen shows two version numbers.
The first version number (on the top) is the version of RadiMation
The second version number is the version of the device drivers. It is indeed possible that your version of the device drivers is 2012.6.6.

The new 2012.1.17 version is not offically available yet, but if you really want I can give you a copy of it for testing purposes.

With best regards,
John
Rosu

Post by Rosu »

Hello John,

it would be nice to have the new version for testing purposes.

Thanks
Marius