Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility test

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
heutink

Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility test

Post by heutink »

Want to perform an "Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility" Test according to MIL-461/DO-160.
What is the best Conducted Immunity/Conducted Susceptibility environment (multiband, fixed voltage, ?) to set-up this test.
We have to run a test according to a certain amplitude (voltage) versus frequency profile.
The maximum generator setting is determined by a power or voltage pre-calibration over a 0.5 Ohm resistor. The test set-up contains generator/audio amplifier for generation and oscilloscoop or multimeter as measurement device.
Lüder

Re: Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility test

Post by Lüder »

I do an Audio Frequency test, (for ship building not for DO-160, but similar) as Multiband conducted immunity test.
Leveling ist "Voltage closed Loop" but without Power Limit.

Is there any Test Level Regulations with a Level and a power Limit (both valid, eather voltage or power is enought to fullfill the test)
I our case moste times EUT is high impedance so I get the Voltage with low current an dont reach power Limit. But to fullfill the standart a Limit shoud be checked.
Ideas:
Can I do amplifier output Limit with volatage and current measurment (instead of Power meter and coupler)?

Best regards
Lüder
heutink

Re: Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility test

Post by heutink »

L.s,

Is there already somebody who knows how to setup a MIL-STD-461 CS101 test with power limitation curve of the generator.