radiated immunity Multiband

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Immunity and Conducted Immunity modules of RadiMation.
emvlab

radiated immunity Multiband

Post by emvlab »

Hello
I have installed Radimation 2021.1.9. I measure radiated immunity/multiband horizontally and vertically. Calibrated with Electrical Field substitution method. For monitoring I have implemented a field probe EP602 for monitoring at the test site. Now I want to display the curve of field strength at horizonatal and vertical each with a different color. currently there are probably two curves with the same colors.

Thanks
joro

Re: radiated immunity Multiband

Post by joro »

Hello emvlab,

It is indeed correct that by default the horizontal field graph and the vertical field graph are using the same color. It indeed are two lines that are using the same name, and because of the same name they also use the same color.
In RadiMation the customization of the graph line (like the color and line style) is linked to the name of the graph, and to make a difference in the color of the graphlines, it thus is necessary to name the graphlines differently.

It is also possible to change the name of the used graphlines. The name of the graphlines is based on the name that is specified for the testlevel and input configuration in the TSF file of the test.
When a testlevel or input is created in the TSF file, it will use the default name, like: 'Electrical Field substitution method'. However the name can be modified to for example: "10 V/m". I suggest that you change the name of the testlevel to for example 'Electrical Field Horizontal' and 'Electrical Field Vertical'. Because of the changed testlevel names, the corresponding graphline names in the new test will also be adjusted, and it will be possible to configure each graph line with a different color.

The same is possible for the monitoring of the field. The 'Electrical Field probe' input can for example be changed to 'Field probe horizontal' in the horizontal band configuration, while it is named 'Field probe vertical' in the vertical band configuration. This will also result in different graph names in the new test, which can the be customised individually.

Please try this, and let me know the result.

Best regards,
John
emvlab

Post by emvlab »

Hello John
Thanks
So far it works, I now have two curves with different colors. But now it is so that both curves are drawn at the same time. I would like to achieve the following: With horizontal only the horizontal graph should be drawn and with vertical only the vertical graph. So actually the same as with the Radiated emission measurement. There also first the one then the other curve is recorded.

We only want to record the measured electric field as verification. How would you solve this?

best regards
emvlab
Jeru

Post by Jeru »

Dear EMVLab,

I have looked into both graph lines being drawn at the same time, when separate horizontal and vertical test level are activated while using different graph names.

The behavior that you are experiencing is a known issue which has recently come to light, we are currently investigating how this can be correctly fixed in our software.

Regarding only recording the measured electric field as verification:

- A measurement input can be defined on the TSF window, this measures an input, no additional regulation will be performed based on the values measured by this input channel.

- Another method could be using a monitoring input, which can be configured on the EUT form.
Field sensors can be selected as measuring devices, any other device which measures data can also be used as input for the monitoring inputs if a device driver is available.

I hope to have informed you for now,

With kind regards,
Jeru