EN 55011 Radiated Emission

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Emission and Conducted Emission modules of RadiMation.
heutink

EN 55011 Radiated Emission

Post by heutink »

Multiband radiated emission test with two frequency ranges; 30 - 250 MHz (Freq. range 1) and 250 MHz - 1 GHz (Freq. range 2). For both frequency ranges we use different antennas, so an antenna change is neccessary.

Change order is now and not changeable (2 antenna changes):
1. Freq. range 1 peak measurement
2. Freq. range 2 peak measurement
3. Freq. range 2 final Qpeak measurement
4. Freq. range 1 final Qpeak measurement

We want to use the following change order (1 antenna change):
1. Frequency range 1 peak measurement
2. Frequency range 1 final Qpeak measurement
3. Frequency range 2 peak measurement
4. Frequency range 2 final Qpeak measurement

How to manage this.
joro

Re: EN 55011 Radiated Emission

Post by joro »

Hello Henk,

Thanks for your request. The question is clear, and I understand what you want to achieve.
However, I am sorry to report to you that, what you want to do is currently not possible.
The Multiband Radiated Emission test is only capable of first performing all the peak measurements, and only perform the final measurement after all the prescan measurements (what you call: peak measurement) are finished.

We have received this request also from other customers. The current idea to make this possible is that we add a 'final measurement' option in the 'Change order', where you can move this above the 'testsite', this will result in performing the final measurement before the testsite (with the other antenna) is activated.
We however still have to implement this.

Best regards,
John
fvanhee

Post by fvanhee »

Me, personally, when I have to measure with two antennas, I use two different TSFs and thus two tests with two frequency ranges. This way, you also need only one antenna change.

Best regards,
Filip
joro

Post by joro »

It is indeed also possible to use two different TSF's, which are started after each other.
The disadvantage of that solution is however that the results are stored in two different tests, which make it very difficult to create a single graph that is shown in the report as a single graph.
The big advantage of using two bands in one Multiband TSF, is that the measurement results can be shown in a single emission graph, containing the measurement results of both bands.
heutink

Post by heutink »

Thanks for the information.
New question: when will this feature been implemented.