Why can't the sweeptime be modified?

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Emission and Conducted Emission modules of RadiMation.
incognito

Why can't the sweeptime be modified?

Post by incognito »

I have a question. Why is it not possible to change the sweep time to other values or auto? See attachment.
Is it possible to change that so I can do some tests with other values for sweep time?
Dare SW settings.jpg
Dare SW settings.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
joro

Re: Why can't the sweeptime be modified?

Post by joro »

I expect that you have selected a (scanning) receiver in your testsite as the emission measurement device. A (scanning) receiver doesn't have the concept of a sweeptime, because the time that it takes to take a single sweep over the configured frequency range is depending on the selected step frequency and the measure time at each of those stepped frequencies.
When you are using a (scanning) receiver in your test-site within an emission test, it is thus not possible to select the Sweeptime (or VBW).

In general:
  • Sweeptime and VBW are specific for a spectrum analyzer and thus cannot be selected when a (scanning) receiver is selected in the testsite.
  • Step frequency and Measure time are specific for a (scanning) receiver and thus cannot be selected when a spectrum analyzer is selected in the testsite.