Radiated Emission with Gauss TDEMI X6, "realtime scanning"

Discussion and questions regarding the Radiated Emission and Conducted Emission modules of RadiMation.
tha-paul

Radiated Emission with Gauss TDEMI X6, "realtime scanning"

Post by tha-paul »

Hello guys,

currently we are doing the radiated emission measurement with a Gauss TDEMI X6 receiver and their measuring software (EMI64k).
In the future we want to perform this measurement with Radimation.

I have done all relevant settings now and the measurement itself is working fine, but i recognized the following:

1. Measuring with EMI64k:
The measurement is done in spectro mode from 30MHz-685MHz and then from 685MHz-1000MHz. The measurement in each step (30-685MHz) is done in "realtime" with max hold during the rotation of the turntable. So at the end I have nearly at all turntable angle a measurement result. --> very good

2. Measuring with Radimation
Attached is a screenshot from the TSF. So the measurement procedure is same as in EMI64k. BUT Radimation is only updating the results each ~4s (not in "realtime"). Means at the end I have only for all eg. 30° a measuring result and the angle diagram is looking very rough.

anybody an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks and best regards
Attachments
RE_realtime.png
RE_realtime.png (52.54 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
RE_realtime_angle.png
RE_realtime_angle.png (19.57 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
joro

Re: Radiated Emission with Gauss TDEMI X6, "realtime scanning"

Post by joro »

Hello tha-paul,

Our RadiMation software is not using the 'realtime spectrogram mode' of the Gauss TDEMI, because our 'turn turntable during measurement' algorithm is using the additional information that is received by taking individual sweeps to optimize the turntable angle optimization.

It is thus indeed correct that RadiMation starts a sweep on the TDEMI in analyzer mode, transfers the sweep, and then starts a new sweep, which is then transferred to the PC again. During the transfer of the measurement results there is indeed a short period of time that no measurement is being performed.
We now understand that in your situation the transfer of the data is taking a considerable amount of time (roughly between 3 and 4 seconds?), which indeed results in the situation that different values on the polar plot are only shown every 30 degrees.

My first reaction is, that the time to transfer the data is indeed taking to long. I know other end-users that are using the TDEMI which have measurement update intervals of less than 1 second. The problem however is that this transfer time is not only caused by the used spectrum analyzer but is also depending on the communication speed with the turntable controller.

We do want to investigate this problem for you. And there is a high chance that we will be able to improve the time that is needed to transfer the data.
Please perform a measurement again, and then send us an ErrorReport. The error report will contain the communication log with the TDEMI and the turntable including all the timing information, and we will be able to determine what is causing the time delay.
Be aware that sending an ErrorReport can also be done when no error is generated. At the end of the test, just select the Help menu and then select the 'Report' option. See: https://wiki.radimation.com/wiki/index. ... g_an_issue

Thanks in advance, and with best regards,
John
tha-paul

Re: Radiated Emission with Gauss TDEMI X6, "realtime scanning"

Post by tha-paul »

Hi,

are there any news here?

thanks!