Manually Control of Graphs

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation Report Generator.
JonJones

Manually Control of Graphs

Post by JonJones »

Hello,

Is it possible to control the graphs created by the report generator ?

Specifically :-

* Is it possible to explicitly set the minimum and maximum extents for the axes ?

* If a limit line is set, is it possible to control whether or not this appears on a graph ?

Regards,
Jon Jones
sast

Re: Manually Control of Graphs

Post by sast »

First of all, welcome to our RadiMation forum and thanks for questioning this at this topic.
Unfortunately, the generated graphs for the final report can't be modified by the end-user like you described in RadiMation.
However, both descriptions are now saved as reported items (wishes) in our database, with reference to:

#3991: Report generator does not create report with single graph as expected
#4072: Possibility to include the y-axis max and min scaling values into the report

On this moment we can not promise if and when it will be implemented in RadiMation.
ntempone

Post by ntempone »

Hello,

I have a similar question.

I want to use only one limit line for a wide range of frequencies in Multiband RE tests (because it is a constant value for all the ranges), so I create for example one limit line from 14 kHz to 18 GHz.

Then I perform many Multiband tests using that limit line, and the results are shown correctly in Radimation, but when I use the Report Generator the frequency axis is always the whole range, from 14 kHz to 18 GHz.

Is there a way to do this any other way? I could create one limit line for each Test but this would lead to many files and it seems usless to me.

I attach a screenshot of the problem.

Thank you.
Nicolás.-
Attachments
RE 14k-18G.png
RE 14k-18G.png (86.25 KiB) Viewed 12525 times
joro

Post by joro »

So you are using a limitline with a wider frequency range which is included in a multiband emission test, which only measures on a part of the limit line frequency range.
In that situation the graph on the screen is looking correct: only the really measured frequency range is shown on the x-axis of the graph on the screen.
When the same graph is exported using the report generator into a report, the same graph is shown with the complete frequency range of the limitline. As it is shown in screenshot.

There currently is no possibility to configure the frequency range of the graph as it should be included in the report.
I also agree, that the graph as it is exported into the report is not what is desired. One could expect that the graph is only shown for frequency range that is really measured (and thus the same as it is shown on the screen).
We created an item for this problem: #6626: Emission graph in the report is wider than on the screen due to wider limit line
The idea is that we fix the item #6626 by exporting the graph in to the report with only the frequency range that is really measured.