Generate an overview of performed tests

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation Report Generator.
fvanhee

Generate an overview of performed tests

Post by fvanhee »

Dear,

I received several times the question to insert a table with overview of the tests performed, before the test results. Is there an easy way of automatically doing this using the report generator? It should look e.g. like the following:

Test ID | Note | Mode of Operation | test result

best regards,
Filip
mahe

Re: Generate an overview of performed tests

Post by mahe »

Currently Radimation does not have a report generator to export the list of executed tests.
We have created an new item for this #7780.
joro

Post by joro »

In the RadiMation version 2017.1 it will indeed be possible to include a table of all the performed tests of an EUT in a report.
The corresponding report generator code is: ||EUT|PERFORMED TESTS TABLE||

The table will include a lot of information, as all the available information will be included in the table.
The SQL filtering possibilities of the report generator can however be used to customize the final table in the report.
The following code will thus result in a table that only has the 'Test Number', 'Description', 'Note', 'Test start time' and 'Engineer' columns.

||EUT|SELECT [Test Number], [Description], Note, [Test start time], Engineer FROM PERFORMED TESTS TABLE ORDER BY [Test Number]||

The table that you requested will probably be created using the code:

||EUT|SELECT [Test Number], Note, [Mode of Operation], [Test Status] FROM PERFORMED TESTS TABLE ORDER BY [Test Number]||
fvanhee

Post by fvanhee »

Hi,

I hadn't seen this post upto now, but it does exactly what I wanted! Thanks a lot for this!

Regards,
Filip
fvanhee

Post by fvanhee »

Hi,

I have an additional question here: I can perfectly export a table which contains e.g. |Test Number|Mode of Operation|Note|Test Result|.
Is there a way to add the 'test type'? so a column which contains Conducted Emission, Radiated Emission, ...?

Best regards,
Filip
mahe

Post by mahe »

Currently it is not possible to export the raw test type. You can however specify the test type in the TSF filename, or description. You can export this description/TSF filename column as they are shown in the table.
A new wish item has been created to be fixed on the long term:
#9102 EUT Executed tests table, does not contain test type
fvanhee

Post by fvanhee »

It is not possible to have different TSF filenames and descriptions, is that correct? I tend to make the filenames/descriptions quite elaborate (adding type of spectrum analyser, polarisation, RBW, ...) for ease of retrieval and minimising chances on setup errors. this makes it not at all ideal for using them in a table

Test number | Test type | mode of operation | note | Test result
joro

Post by joro »

The name of the TSF file, is indeed also used for the description of the test in the EUT window. It is not possible to have them different.
It is also not possible to change the description of the test afterwards.

A possible workaround or solution is to create shorter TSF filenames, but place them within a TSF directory with a specific name in the TSF Directory structure. The additional information that you are now including in the TSF filename is then used for the TSF directory names. The 'simplified' name is then used as the test description in the EUT.
I now that this is only a workaround, but possibly it could be very useful.