Why is ||RADIMATION VERSION|| not replaced with the correct version of RadiMation?

Discussion and questions regarding the RadiMation Report Generator.
incognito

Why is ||RADIMATION VERSION|| not replaced with the correct version of RadiMation?

Post by incognito »

I am using the ||RADIMATION VERSION|| report generator code, to include the version number of RadiMation that I am using to generate the report into the final report.
However when I am using version 2020.0.11, the ||RADIMATION VERSION|| code is always replaced by 2019.2.5.
joro

Re: Why is ||RADIMATION VERSION|| not replaced with the correct version of RadiMation?

Post by joro »

It is correct that the ||RADIMATION VERSION|| code should normally be replaced with the version of RadiMation that is being used to generate the report. However when a test specific template is used, this code is raising some ambiquity. Each test also records the RadiMation version that is used to perform that test.

Thus when the report generator code ||RADIMATION VERSION|| is used, it could result in two things:
1) The version of RadiMation that is used to generate the report
2) The version of RadiMation that is used to perform the test

I expect that in the situation that you describe the ||RADIMATION VERSION|| code is replaced to 2019.2.5, because the test for which you are generating the report has been performed in that version.

The solution for this problem is to use the ||CONFIGURATION|RADIMATION VERSION|| keyword. The ||CONFIGURATION|RADIMATION VERSION|| keyword will always report the version of RadiMation which you are using to generate the version with.

To illustrate this. The template:

Code: Select all

Generating RadiMation version: ||CONFIGURATION|RADIMATION VERSION||

Test name: ||TEST NUMBER||) ||DESCRIPTION||
Test start time: ||TEST START TIME||
RadiMation version during test: ||RADIMATION VERSION||
Testsite: ||BAND 1 TESTSITE NAME||
Will result in (when generated with version 2020.0.11):

Code: Select all

Generating RadiMation version: 2020.0.11

Test name: 34) CE LISN RC PSA B21 7110-E (Gnd-Line) 150 kHz - 6.2 MHz
Test start time: 2019-08-15 09:57:22